Attendance & Punctuality
Our school target is 97%. Absences add up! Missing just 2 days a month means your child misses 10% of the school year!
Key things to remember:
- Children can’t learn if they aren’t present in school, so attendance is a must.
- We can influence attendance and poor attendance can be prevented.
- Parents – especially in the infant years – are best positioned to ensure children attend school and to build the expectation around attendance.
The Facts – Please think carefully before keeping your child at home for minor illnesses or injuries.
- 90% attendance = 1 day off per fortnight
- 80% attendance = 1 day off per week
- 20 days off per school year = 90% attendance
- Students of equal ability with attendance of over 95% perform one grade higher per subject than those with attendance of 85% or less