As part of the NEXUS Education Schools Trust (NEST), Joydens Wood Infant School works closely with the central trust but the day to day governance of our school is carried out by the Local Committee.
The Key Responsibilities of the Local Committee are as follows:
- To carry forward the vision of the Academy and NEST
- To ensure that standards of attainment and progress are high
- To take a strategic role in the governance of the Academy
- To support and challenge the School’s leaders
- To ensure actions are take to comply with statutory regulations
- To implement policies of the Trust and the Academy
- To support the strategic development of the Trust
- To monitor and evaluate the work of the Academy in relation to pupil outcomes, financial probity as well as the effectiveness of teaching, learning and assessment
- To monitor the effectiveness of leadership and management
To operate effectively the Local Committee appoints members who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience. The Local Committee consists of the Headteacher, Community members, Parent members and Staff members.
Local Committee meetings occur every half term and Local Committee members visit the school on a regular basis