We are very excited to welcome new children and families to our school community. Choosing your child’s school is a daunting task, our aim is to provide you with all the support you need to ensure your child’s schooling experience is as positive as possible. Whether your child is starting school for the first time or you are moving your child mid year, our approach to transition is always centered around your child and their needs.
Our team pride themselves on the pastoral support on offer to all children. We all invest a significant amount of time in every child to ensure we get to know their personality as quickly as possible. For those children that need additional support our amazing Pastoral Team are always on hand to support parents in making a bespoke and detailed plan for your child:
- Miss Barnett is our Deputy Headteacher and SENCo, she leads on our school’s provision for our most vulnerable children. If your child has additional needs, please contact email@example.com to discuss the support on offer
- Mrs Adams is our Senior Mental Health Lead and Family Engagement Leader, who works across the school supporting children with their emotional development and social needs. She is our champion for Mental Health and strives to ensure every child feels that their voice is heard and that they are comfortable in our schooling environment. If you feel your child needs more bespoke pastoral support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Bialaszewski is the lead of our Hive Wellbeing Provision, a nurturing space for our children that need support emotionally or socially. She is also trained to provided Therapeutic Play sessions and has qualifications in supporting children through bereavement.
All parents that are wishing to transfer to our school mid year, must complete an in year admissions form and our electronic pupil details form. The same process does not apply for new EYFS children who are starting September 2021.
New EYFS Children
Usually our team offer the following as part of the process in choosing our school:
- Prospective Parent Tours with Miss Hately (Headteacher) which includes; looking at children’s work, seeing the classrooms in action and a Q&A
- Prospective Children ‘Stay and Play’ with our EYFS Teachers and Senior Leaders which includes; any child to attend our setting after school to play in our in space for 1-1.5 hours and meet our team
Sadly, with the challenges of Covid-19 we haven’t been able to offer these aspects yet but we hope to be able to do this very soon. Our team will still offer this to parents even after the submission date for applications. In the meantime we are offering:
Our EYFS Teachers are very excited to meet all the new children and work extremely hard to support you all through this difficult transition period. The information below is predominantly created for your child. We strongly encourage you to read these important materials to your child as regularly and repetitively as frequently as possible. The style of the visual resources used, reflect the same model we use in school. This holistic approach to transition will underpin a more successful experience when your child joins us in September 2021.